This is a collection of accredited continuing education activities that address a wide spectrum of topics related to health equity, diversity, equity, and inclusion. If you have any suggestions for content that should be included, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
AHA Health Equity Curriculum
Addressing both medical and non-medical barriers is crucial to achieving health and well-being for all. Therefore, the American Heart Association is creating and launching a digital learning platformed comprised of a comprehensive health equity curriculum that will aid aspiring and practicing healthcare professionals in understanding, identifying and addressing social determinants of health (SDOH), social needs, and the impact they have on individuals at points of care, specifically for those who’ve been disproportionately affected by heart disease, stroke, diabetes, COVID-19, and risk-factors such as hypertension.
Proposed Courses Include:
- Structural Racism 101
- Health Equity 101
- Race as a Social Construct: Debunking the Myth of Race as Biological
- Understanding the Sex/Gender System
- Zip Code vs Genetic Code
- Implicit Bias & Microaggressions
- Intersectionality: Layered Health and Social Inequities
- Cultural Competency vs Cultural Consciousness
- Social Determinants of Health & Social Needs
On Demand Education
UPCOMING LIVE ACTIVITIES