Oxygen and Oxygen Delivery Systems
Safe and effective administration of oxygen is important in the world of EMS. When and how to use it, is just as important. Along with when and how to use oxygen, it is also important to understand the risks associated with oxygen delivery. It is important to follow medical direction guidelines regarding the administration of oxygen. Providing supplemental oxygen during an emergency may aid in delaying damage to vital organs, thus providing the patient with an opportunity to have a more successful outcome.
This course is intended for those licensed at the EMR level through Paramedic. This course satisfies the requirements for the State of Wisconsin EMT Flexible Refresher Renewal.
- Understand safe and effective administration and application of emergency oxygen
- Understand the importance of when and how to utilize emergency oxygen
- Understand safe storage of oxygen and oxygen delivery systems
- Understand the risks associated with oxygen
- Understand the Advocate Aurora Protocols for the use and administration of oxygen and the different oxygen delivery systems available to EMS
FR-Airway 2.0 hours
EMT-Basic - Airway 2.0 hours
AEMT - Airway, Breathing and Cardiology 2.0 hours
Paramedic - Airway, Breathing, and Cardiology 2.0 hours
(If the above categories are filled on the flexible refresher template, this course can also be utilized to fulfill flexible content).
- 2.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit