Pediatric Airway Management
Pediatric airway management can be labor intensive and it is something that many of us are unfamiliar due to little, if any interaction with pediatric patients. It can also be quite scary, thus it is important to understand the anatomical differences in pediatric patients and some of the different complications that they may encounter.
This course is intended for those licensed at the EMR level through Paramedic. This course satisfies the requirements for the State of Wisconsin EMT Flexible Refresher Renewal
- Understand the anatomical differences in the pediatric airway versus adult airway
- Understand basic airway maneuvers for opening the airway in pediatric patients
- Understand the purpose and utilization of the Broselow tape
- Understand the different techniques for ventilating a pediatric patient
- Understand the airway complications in pediatric patients
- Understand the importance of not hyperventilating a pediatric patient
FR-Airway and/or Flexible Content 2.0 hours
EMT-Basic - Airway and/or Medical/Behavioral 2.0 hours
AEMT - Airway, breathing, cardiology and/or Obstetrics & Pediatrics 2.0 hours
Paramedic - Airway, breathing, cardiology, OB & Pediatrics and/or Flexible content 2.0 hours
(If the above categories are filled on the flexible refresher template, this course can also be utilized to fulfill flexible content).
- 2.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit