Update on C. difficile Infection
Speaker: Darin Harnisch, MD Attending Physician, Infectious Disease
The speaker and planners have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any commercial interests to disclose.
At the conclusion of this activity the participants should be able to:
- Discuss pros and cons of different diagnostic tests for C. difficile
- Identify risk factors for acquisition of C difficile infection
- Apply new treatment strategies for treatment of C. difficile based on current guidelines
- Review evidence based management options for recurrent C. difficile infection, including role of FMT
Target Audience: All physician members*
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
ABIM MOC Part II
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 1.00 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit