Vinod Havalad, MD
1. Recognize the clinical challenges as evidenced in the cases discussed.
2. Assess diagnostic and treatment protocols of the cases presented.
3. Review the physiologic processes which led to the negative outcome for the pediatric patients.
4. Utilize the findings from these cases to diagnose and manage future cases.
Journal Club Objectives
1. Describe research concepts and methods
2. Access the hypothesis, design, patient selection, results and discussion section of a journal article.
Pediatric Critical Care Physicians and Pediatric Critical Care Nurses
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABP MOC Recognition Statement: Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the activity, with individual assessments of the participant and feedback to the participant, enables the participant to earn 1 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit.
Participants data, individually or in aggregate, will not be shared with the funder of this activity or any other commercial interest entities. Participation information will be shared with ABP through PARS for the purpose of accreditation