CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND PLEASE NOTE THAT:
1. It may take up to FIVE MINUTES to receive your confirmation email
2. It is recommended that you add the meeting information from your confirmation email to your calendar because Microsoft Teams does not send reminder emails at this time.
This course will review the science behind chronic pain and pain modulation systems. It will also review pain catastrophizing, opioid induced hyperalgesia, and diagnostic criteria for opioid use disorder. In addition, it touches upon motivational interviewing and how it can be used in your clinic.
Topic: The Science Behind Chronic Pain: The Language Providers Can Use for Patient Education and Identification of Opioid Use Disorders
Diana Bottari, DO
Medical Director of Controlled Substance Monitoring Team
Lead Physician Opioid Mitigation Strategies
Ashley Kwasinski, DNP, APNP
Nurse Practitioner, Infectious Disease
At the completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the mechanism of pain and the consequences of chronic pain
- Describe the diagnostic criteria for opioid use disorder in patients treated with opioids for chronic pain
- Describe the phenomenon of Opioid Induced Hyperalgesia
- Illustrate how to effectively communicate pain expectations of chronic pain management
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit