8th Annual South Region Primary Care Medicine Symposium
This symposium serves to provide an annual update of best practices related to current topics in primary care. The goal of this symposium is for each participating provider to increase awareness of evidence-based guidelines pertaining to evaluation, treatment and management of topics discussed and utilize the recommendations provided.
This conference is being held in-person and virtually.
This activity is designed for physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals.
At the completion of this activity, the participant should be able to recognize and strategize ways to provide up-to-date, best practices in evidence-based medicine related to current topics in primary care.
Registration / Breakfast / Vendors
8:30 – 8:45 am
Welcome and Introduction
Jacqueline Ivey-Brown, MD, FACP, AAMG Associate CMO South PSA Region Associate Program Director Internal Medicine Residency Program, Advocate Christ Medical Center
Chintan D. Mistry, MD, FACEP, FAAEM, Chief Medical Officer South Chicagoland Patient Service Area, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Medical Group
8:45-9:45 am Panel Discussion: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Management of Peripheral
8:45-9:00 Interventional Approaches to Peripheral Vascular Disease Jaafer Golzar, MD, FACC, FSCAI
9:00-9:15 Surgical Approaches to Peripheral Vascular Disease Sanjeev Pradhan, MD
9:15-9:30 Wound Care Management with Peripheral Vascular Disease Johnny Rossi, DPM
9:45–10:30 am Pre-Operative Evaluation
9:45-10:15 Updates in Pre-Operative Evaluation Amar Chadaga, MD
10:15-10:25 Pre-Surgical Optimization Clinic and the Primary Care Provider Kari Davey APRN FPA
Childhood, Adolescent, and Adult Vaccination Rates: How are we doing in the South PSA?
Meg Kim, MSN RN CNOR, Vaccine Program Director, Advocate Health Care
11:30-12:30 pm Lunch
Keynote Introduction Jacqueline Ivey-Brown, MD, FACP
Emerging Infections, Robert Citronberg, MD, Infectious Disease Specialist
1:30– 2:00 pm
Managing Increased Beast Cancer Risk, Josyln Albright, MD
Dementia Overview: Diagnosis and Management, Darren Gitelman, MD, FAAN, FANA, Director of Cognitive Disorders, Advocate Medical Group, Neurosciences Medical Research Director Senior Medical Director, Advocate Memory Center, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Susan Serratore RN, BSN; Advocate Aurora Health
Melanie Gordon, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Roxanne Smith, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Jacqueline Ivey-brown, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Susan Latocha, RN, BSN; Advocate Aurora Health
Chintan D. Mistry, MD, FACEP, FAAEM ; Advocate Aurora Health
Jaafar Golzar, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Sanjeev Pradhan, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Johnny Rossi DPM; Advocate Aurora Health
Amar R. Chadaga, MD, FACP; Advocate Aurora Health
Kari Davey APRN FPA, FNP-BC; Advocate Aurora Health
Krystyna Gal, DO; Advocate Aurora Health
Meg Kim; Advocate Aurora Health
Robert Citronberg MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Jocelyn Albright MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Darren.Gitelman MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Faculty disclosures are being reviewed and will be presented to the audience in advance of the program.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 4.75 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participation information will be shared with the ABIM through the ACCME Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.75 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.75 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 4.75 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 4.75 Continuing Nursing Education (CE)Aurora Health Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 4.75 contact hours have been awarded to this activity by the Wisconsin Nursing Association. To receive contact hours, participants must attend the entire activity.
- 4.75 ABIM MOC Part IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 4.75 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
This conference is being held in-person and virtually.
Advocate Christ Medical Center
4440 W 95th St
ACMC Stein Auditorium
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
If attending virtually, a join link will be provided when you complete the Go To Webinar registration.
Go to webinar link:
Contact the Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need assistance.