Integrating MFT and Neuroscience
The course will explore the critical relationship between theory and practice by examining and integrating theory of mind, neuroscience, and Marriage and Family Therapy supportive of practical and effective outcomes in clinical practice.
This conference is being held virtually.
This course is intended for MDs, LPCs, LMFTs, and LCSWs.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Compare and contrast theories of mind and their crucial relationship to the practice of psychotherapy
- Identify the major areas of the brain and their function central to human/relational attachments
- Examine the history and influences within Marriage and Family Therapy relevant to theory of mind and neuroscience
- Present a theory of mind consistent with family systems theory and the practice of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Demonstrate how clinical practice and outcomes in psychotherapy are affected by the integration of theory of mind and neuroscience
Brandon Arbuckle, LMFT; Wellington Counseling Group
Faculty disclosures are being reviewed and will be presented to the audience in advance of the program.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Marriage and Family Therapy Program at Family Therapy Training Institute is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE), 112 South Alfred Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314, (703) 838-9808, firstname.lastname@example.org.
FTTI is an approved continuing education entity per Wisconsin Statute MPSW 19.03 1(b).
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 4.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Please click on the options above and then click "Add to Cart". Once added to the card the price will be adjusted to reflect the chart below. If you are an Advocate Aurora Health employee or independent provider click “Take Course”
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
|Non-Advocate Aurora Health provider||$100.00|
|Advocate Aurora Health employee or independent provider||Free|
Contact the Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance.