Urine Trouble: Management of Hepatorenal Syndrome
This presentation will discuss the pathophysiology, compare the varying definitions, and analyze literature to provide guidance on pharmacologic management of hepatorenal syndrome.
This course is intended for pharmacists
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to
- Define the pathophysiology of hepatorenal syndrome (HRS)
- Identify the differences between the European Association for the Study of the Liver and the American Association for the Study of the Liver Diseases regarding the definition of HRS
- Evaluate how the new FDA approval of terlipressin fits within the current guidelines of HRS
- Apply key pharmacist interventions and monitoring of HRS treatment to a patient case
Lauren Nevinski, PharmD, PGY2 Critical Care Pharmacy Resident – Aurora Health Care Metro, Inc.
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum 1.00 hours of CPE credit for pharmacists. CPE credit can be claimed on the AAH CE platform within 60 days of activity completion and information will be provided to CPE Monitor. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)Aurora Health Care Department of Pharmacy Services is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Contact the AAH Pharmacy Continuing Education team at AAH-PharmacyCPEsubmission@aah.org if you have any questions or need assistance.