We be-LUNG Together: Epidermal Growth Factor Receptors and Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors
This presentation will review the incidence, assessment strategies, and treatment strategies for epidermal growth factor receptor positive non-small cell lung cancer.
This course is intended for pharmacists
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to
- Summarize the rationale for targeting epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutations in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- Utilizing an FDA-recognized human genetic variant database, evaluate the therapeutic targetability of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) variants
- Compare the efficacy and safety among available epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-directed therapies
- Design a supportive care plan for patients receiving epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-directed therapies based on the toxicity profile of this therapeutic class
Emily Winkler, PharmD, PGY2 Oncology Pharmacy Resident - Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum 1.00 hours of CPE credit for pharmacists. CPE credit can be claimed on the AAH CE platform within 60 days of activity completion and information will be provided to CPE Monitor. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)Aurora Health Care Department of Pharmacy Services is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Contact the AAH Pharmacy Continuing Education team at AAH-PharmacyCPEsubmission@aah.org if you have any questions or need assistance.