2020-2nd Quarter Aurora Continuing Education (Emergency childbirth/Neonatal resuscitation/Pediatric tachycardia)
The second quarter of the Aurora EMS education will cover emergency childbirth, neonatal resuscitation and pediatric tachycardia. EMS protocols as well as additional information will be provided in this quarter. The second quarter will all be completely online as there will be no "in-person" training.
This course is intended for those licensed at the EMR level through Paramedic. This course satisfies the requirements for the State of Wisconsin EMT Flexible Refresher Renewal.
At the end of this lesson you will be able to:
- Discuss the different complications that could arise from a delivery of a full-term, premature and high-risk pregnancy
- Discuss appropriate facility/hospital (keeping in mind that there are now two patients)
- Demonstrate/Discuss appropriate steps for neonatal resuscitation
- Discuss the protocols for pediatric newborn resuscitation
- Demonstrate the appropriate steps to take when there is a limb presentation
- Discuss the signs/symptoms of pre-eclampsia/eclampsia and proper treatment techniques
- Discuss different treatment regimens for post-partum hemorrhage
FR- Airway/Circulation/Childbirth and Children - 2.0 hours
EMT-Basic - Airway/Obstetrics,Infants and Children/Patient Assessment - 2.0 hours
AEMT - Airway, Breathing, Cardiology/Obstetrics and Pediatrics - 2.0 hours
Paramedic - Airway, Breathing, Cardiology/Obstetrics and Pediatrics - 2.0 hours
(If the above categories are filled on the flexible refresher template, this course can also be utilized to fulfill flexible content).
- 2.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit