Safe Lifting in EMS
EMTs have a unique job in the health care industry and staying abreast of any changes if vital to the continued success and care for our patients. Learning the correct techniques, equipment and positioning for moving patients safely and effectively in a variety of situations and locations is paramount to our job.
This course is intended for those licensed at the EMR level through Paramedic. This course satisfies the requirements for the State of Wisconsin EMT Flexible Refresher Renewal.
- Define body mechanics
- Discuss the importance of safety in lifting or moving patients
- Identify situations in which an emergency move is indicated
- Identify situations in which a non-emergency move is indicated
- Understand the importance of patient positioning, various types of patient positioning, and indications for each type
- Discuss the importance of patient safety restraints
- Discuss various types of transportation devices used in moving patients in a prehospital environment
EMT-First Responder - 2.0 hour (Preparatory and/or flexible content
EMT-Basic - 2.0 hour (Preparatory and/or flexible content)
AEMT - 2.0 hour (Operational Tasks and/or flexible content)
Paramedic 2.0 hour (Operational Tasks and/or flexible content)
- 2.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit