6:00pm – 7:00pm
Topic: Accidental Hypothermia in Children: Approach and Management Strategies
Medical Director Pediatric Emergency Department Central DuPage Hospital
Objectives: At the conclusion of this activity the participants should be able to:
- Understand the physiological changes that occur with each sequential decrease in core body temperature.
- Describe why the pediatric population is uniquely vulnerable to moderate to severe hypothermia.
- Discuss the merits and application of passive versus active rewarming strategies in the child presenting with moderate to sever hypothermia.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit