Core Competency in Pain Assessment: Pain Diagnosis
Those who work in Aurora Pain Clinics, including Physicians, PA’s, Psychologists, NP’s, Psychiatrists, EM, FM, Social Workers, Substance Abuse Counselors.
Upon completion of this educational experience, the participant will be able to demonstrate expertise in:
- The appropriate elements of the history and physical to be utilized for a particular pain complaint
- Indications for and concerns regarding XRs, CTs, MRIs, and bone scans
- What labs are indicated for particular pain conditions or if using certain medicines
- Indications for EKG, and commonly used meds that raise QTc
- Questionnaires used for opioid abuse risk, depression, catastrophizing, and pain/function
- Familiarity with use and interpretation is expected; contents don’t need to be memorized
- When an EMG is indicated
- What disability forms we are and aren’t required to complete
Course Director: Michael McNett, MD; Aurora Health Care
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
This course is available to Aurora Health Care providers (employed and independent) and caregivers only. If you are not already logged in, please use "Aurora Login" to access the course. If you need help enrolling or logging in, please contact the Aurora CME Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.