Eating Disorders: Identified, Defined, and Treated Recorded Sessions
This program will examine complexities of eating disorders providing a general overview, discussion of treatment and treatment outcomes, review of cultural and media influences on body image and will create a set of resources for clinicians working with eating disorders.
The program is aimed at psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurses and other allied health professionals who deal with mental health issues and addiction medicine.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Identify and classify eating disorders according to DSM-5 criteria
- Understand treatment options and treatment outcomes
- Explain how interventions can improve body image and overall relationship with food
Speakers: Lindsey Arens, MS, LPC, NCC; Aurora Health Care & Megan Driscoll, MS, RD, CD; Advocate Aurora Health
Director: Michael Bohn, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Jay Chrostowski, PsyD; Advocate Aurora Health
Joy Mead-Meucci, MS, CSAC; Advocate Aurora Health
Janet Rewolinski, RN, BSN; Advocate Aurora Health
Munther Barakat, PsyD; Advocate Aurora Health
Kate Wesley, Medical Education Coordinator; Advocate Aurora Health
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 2.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™